RibRide is home to a small but dedicated team, who love what they do. When at work, they are a highly professional (!), hard working and friendly bunch, who are committed to making your visit as enjoyable and memorable as possible.
When not at work, you will find them out enjoying the amazing outdoor environment we have on our doorstep. Whether it is efoiling, kite surfing, mountain biking, windsurfing, sailing, paddleboarding, kayaking, surfing, running, cycling or swimming, Anglesey and North Wales really do provide the perfect natural playground for them to escape to after a busy day at work. Well it is either that or the pub!
Founded in 2005, by Phil Scott and Tom Ashwell, RibRide initially started out running trips from Victoria Dock in Caernarfon, before relocating to the Moel y Don Jetty, Anglesey in 2007. In 2014 the whole operation moved to where we are today at Porth Daniel, Menai Bridge.
Since the very early days RibRide has prided itself on its commitment to excellence in everything it does and as a consequence has won numerous awards and consistently received great reviews from its RIB Riders on TripAdvisor, achieving certificates of excellence from 2012 to 2020.
- Daily Post Business Awards -The David Williams Judges Choice Award 2019
- Go North Wales Green Tourism Award 2018 – Activity and Attraction of the Year
- Go North Wales Green Tourism Award 2017 – Our Green Award
- Blue Flag Sustainable Boat Tour Operator 2018 and 2018 – Blue Flag
- National Tourism Award for Wales
- TripAdvisor certificate of Excellence from 2012 to 2019
- Anglesey Tourism Award
- Visitor Attraction Quality Scheme VAQS, the Visit Wales’ quality assurance scheme for tourist attractions, assessing RibRide annually.